Blog

Chingford Green in 1890 near the junction of Kings Head Hill.

Posted on

0 Comments

CHINGFORD THEN & NOW
Chingford Green in 1890 near the junction of Kings Head Hill showing the village pond and the distant spire of SS Peter & Paul. In 1896, the pond was filled in, as it was considered by the council to be a health hazard. The farming community were not happy about the hasty decision since the pond had provided a much needed watering-place for horses after the long pull up Kings Head Hill.

 

Photo by Chingford Historical Society in Chingford, United Kingdom. May be an image of road and tree.
 
 
 

Add a comment:

Leave a comment:

Comments

Add a comment