Chingford Town Hall
The Ridgeway c1948. Chingford Town Hall on the left was built in the Baroque style and completed in 1929. It became the headquarters of the Municipal Borough of Chingford after it was awarded in 1938. The town hall ceased to be the local seat of government when the enlarged London Borough of Waltham Forest was formed in 1965. After being found surplus to requirements, the whole site was sold to a developer in 2011.